Bhopal : January 9, 2019 (Ataullah Faizan): Addressing teachers and students at the Government Kamla Nehru Higher Secondary School in TT Nagar during a book distribution programme, Governor Smt. Anandiben Patel said that I have been a teacher, therefore I understand the importance of education, of teachers and of books, so I have been repeatedly insisting everyone that it is necessary to get girls educated. If girls are educated, they will become self-reliant, will be good mothers and will also contribute in the development of the country.
The Governor said that the children undergo 80 percent of mental development up to 9 years and the remaining 20 percent development continues in the following years. The primary teacher always remains in the memory of children. She is also their ideal. The primary teacher should always be conscious about this while teaching children. She also said that the teacher must have the knowledge of the environment of the children along with their physical-mental and financial condition, only then will they be able to understand their problems and focus on their all-round development and solve their problems. Smt. Patel told the teachers that to teach, one must first study hence, the teachers must read other interesting and general knowledge books apart from their subject so that they are in a position to teach children better. She told the Principal of the School to get the haemoglobin tests of the girls conducted and ensure proper treatment of girls diagnosed with anaemia.
The Governor distributed painting books and colours to the students of Class I to IV. Distributing entertainment books to the girls of Class 9 and 10 she said that next year, she would reward the girls who read maximum number of books in a year. She reviewed the music room, painting room and science labs in the school on the occasion. She gave gifts to two students who were celebrating their birthday the same day in school and blessed them. Referring to the Padhe Bhopal programme organized on October 9 in Bhopal she said all teachers and students must read at least two good books in a week which helps in proper mental development.
The students of the school presented Saraswati Vandana and the welcome song during the programme. The students read out the daily Panchang, thought for the day and main newspaper headlines for the day under their routine programme before classes begin.