Sanction to 35 years of age for outsider applicants in state govt service

Cabinet decisions

Bhopal, January 12, 2016 (Ataullah Faizan):   A meeting of the state cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Mr. Shivraj Singh Chouhan here today decided to amend age limit for direct recruitment posts in state government service. Now, upper age limit for applicants for such posts for candidates from outside the state has been reduced from 40 to 35 years. Age limit for male applicants of reserved classes who are domicile of Madhya Pradesh has been fixed at 40 years and those from outside the state 35 years. Similarly, age limit for male applicants from government/corporation/boards/autonomous institutions, Home Guards, SC, ST, OBC, reserved class employees of government/corporation/boards/autonomous institutions who are domicile of Madhya Pradesh has been fixed at 45years and those from outside the state 35 years. Age limit for female applicants of unreserved classes of government /corporation/ boards/ autonomous institutions who are domicile of Madhya Pradesh has been fixed at 45 years and those from outside the state 35 years.

The cabinet gave permission to obtain loan from World Bank under Madhya Pradesh Urban Development Project to develop urban infrastructure in the state. The cities devoid of drinking water supply scheme sanctioned under any other scheme have been covered under the project. Proposal of liquid waste disposal schemes of urban bodies polluting rivers and religious heritage cities has been included in the project. Fiscal arrangements has also been fixed for the cities funded under Central government’s ‘AMRUT’ scheme.

As per it, 50 percent loan assistance from World Bank and 50 percent grant from Central government will be received. For other cities, 70 per cent loan assistance from World Bank and 30 percent grant from the state government will be received. Of this, 75 percent of the loan amount will be re-paid from state’s budget. Concerning urban bodies will pay remaining 25 percent loan. In the same context, the cabinet also decided to endorse World Bank-financed proposed Madhya Pradesh Urban Development Project.

It sanctioned schemes for water augmentation and sewage disposal in proposed cities. The cabinet decided to partially amend the programme for upgradation of Madhya Pradesh Urban Services under second phase of Project Udai. The cabinet accorded administrative sanction of Rs. 382 crore 29 lakh for Parasdeh (Chanderi) medium irrigation project. Total Rabi irrigation capacity of the project is 9990 hectares. The cabinet sanctioned concession of Rs. 350 per quintal on sale of government firewood at Ujjain and Omkareshwar during Simhastha Mela 2016.

The cabinet decided to extend exemption for one more year from Mandi tax on import of pulses including Urad/Urad, Moong, Tuar/Arhar, Masoor and Matar/Batra/Batri for processing in Madhya Pradesh. The decision will help state’ Dal mills to be competitive at government level and get proper price for their products.